No Filipino was reported dead or injured following the earthquakes that hit Japan.
"So far no reports of any injured Filipinos," Philippine Ambassador to Japan Manuel Lopez said.
Lopez said that the Filipino who was earlier reported to be trapped under an automobile is now safe.
"I don’t think he was really injured—maybe some scratches or bruises; but otherwise, he’s okay, he’s safe."
Two powerful earthquakes hit southwestern Japan on Thursday and early Friday, killing nine and injuring hundreds.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the 6.2-magnitude tremor struck seven kilometers southwest of Ueki was followed by a 6-magnitude quake five kilometers of Uto.
More than 100 aftershocks have been recorded after the tremors.
Around 44,000 people have been evacuated, and Lopez said some Filipinos may be among them.
"Other Filipinos might be in evacuation centers—we are checking this now. Our Osaka consulate is checking now with the Filipino community in that area in Kumamoto."
He noted that there are "1,600 Filipinos in the community, mostly married to Japanese."
He added that all residents have been advised by local government to stay indoors in anticipation of more aftershocks.
Lopez also hopes to receive more updates in the coming hours.